Tom Wall NYMAC 4 x 1 mile relays
Stewart Park, Thursday 31st August at 7pm.
Registration 5.45pm to 6.30pm.
UKA licence number: (2017-28217)
(Stewart Park, Ladgate Lane, Middlesbrough. TS7 8AT – car park is just off Ladgate Lane on the B1380)
Teams of 4 runners, with Prizes in the following categories:
The combined ages of the runners in an M200 male team must add up to a minimum of 200 years on race day.
The combined ages of the runners in an F160 female team must add up to a minimum 160 years on race day.
Mixed teams can be any combination of age and gender.
Minimum age for all categories is 10 years old.
Please note that all runners must run in the order that they have entered (A, B, C etc.) unless a change has been made at Registration.
Bonus prize for male or female individual leg course records!
Entry Fee is £12 per team affiliated – £14 per team non-affiliated, Online entry only! There is a maximum number of 100 teams.
Each leg is a measured one mile in length and takes place in and around the paths of Stewart Park.
- The course: The course is a certified measured one mile course (although very testing) and uses almost the first mile of the Stewart Park Parkrun course. It is well signed and marshalled.
- The start: The start is a massed start with all categories starting together. (Just outside the Captain Cook museum)
- The finish: The finish of your team’s race is when the fourth runner of the team (D) crosses the finish line.
- Change over area: The baton exchange must take place within the 7 metre change over area just after the finish line. Unless you are the next baton receiver please stay clear of the changeover area.
- The public: The Park is open to the public so all competitors are asked to take care and respect other park users.
- Toilets: Located in Henry Bolckow Centre.
- Information / Results: Further information can be obtained from our web site. After the event individual times / results will be published on our web site. www.nym.ac
- Prizes: The male and female open prizes will be presented as soon as possible after the last runner crosses the line. The other category prizes will be posted or made by bank transfer.
- Caution: Competitors take primary responsibility for their safety and participate in the event at their own risk. The organisers cannot accept any responsibility for personal accident or damage to athletic equipment and other personal effects or any public liability.
- Pacing: By all means pace and encourage your team mates but please do not pace the last 50 metres, (after the last turn) this confuses the timekeepers.
- Earphones/headphones/ipods etc. are not permitted – wearers risk disqualification.